I have been able to help many local and national nonprofits expand their major gifts programs, drawing upon my 19 years of experience in soliciting major and planned gifts from individuals, ranging in size from $10,000 up to $10 million. My areas of expertise within major gifts are: transformative gifts of $100K+, managing capital campaigns, coaching board members and executive directors,and establishing data-driven fundraising programs including wealth screening.
My fundraising experience as a staff member includes:
- The Nature Conservancy of California, Associate Director of Philanthropy
- Mills College, Director of Major and Planned Gifts
- University of California at Berkeley, Engineering, Director of Major Gifts
- The University of San Francisco, Special Gifts Officer
Speaking engagements have included:
- The Foundation Center
- Development Executive Roundtable
- Association of Fundraising Professionals
- The CBO Center
Current Volunteer Affiliations:
- Chair, The Women’s Foundation of California Economic Justice Donor Circle
- Advisory Council Member, REDF
- National Advisory Committee Member, CompassPoint Study of Development Director Leadership
I am a graduate of Wellesley College and received a M.A. in Latin American Studies from UT-Austin.